Victim Resource Center of the Finger Lakes, Inc.
Please note: "Clicking" on the Google link below will
NOT ERASE your browser history.
Please click on this link to ESCAPE:
"Heart 2 Heart"
Victim Resource Center
of the Finger Lakes, Inc.
132 Harrison Street, Newark, NY 14513-1234
Phone: (315) 331-1171
Hotline: (866) 343-8808
The Victim Resource Center of the Finger Lakes, Inc.
(VRC) is a private, non-profit domestic, sexual,
stalking, dating violence, and
child abuse services agency in Upstate New York.
We provide a 24/7 bilingual (Spanish/English)
toll-free hotline at
(866) 343-8808 or (800) 456-1172
It is the mission of the Victim Resource Center (VRC) to forge a community-wide commitment to end violence and to provide assistance to victims in a sensitive, respectful, and confidential manner, bringing community resources to the victim and the victim's family.
The Victim Resource Center Celebrating 32 Years of Service
Thirty-two years ago, a group of concerned community members started Rape Crisis of Wayne County, with the expansion of services a few years later to include domestic violence and a name change to Victim Resource Center of Wayne County. In 2001 the VRC extended its services to migrant farmworker family victims in twelve counties in Upstate New York, while providing the only domestic violence crisis shelter in the counties of Wayne, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates, with the name change to Victim Resource Center of the Finger Lakes, Inc.
The VRC provides domestic, sexual, stalking, dating violence and child abuse services including:
- 24/7 bilingual (Spanish/English) confidential, toll-free hotline at: 1-866-343-8808 or 1-800-456-1172;
- crisis intervention;
- Domestic Violence Shelter for the counties of Wayne, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates. The VRC also accepts all New York State shelter referrals from surrounding counties;
- personal, community, criminal justice, medical and legal advocacy;
- short-term counseling;
- information and referrals;
- hotline coverage & referrals for Runaway and Homeless Youth (WC);
- NYS Office of Victim Services (formerly CVB) application assistance;
- school prevention education programs;
- trainings for area police, DA offices, local magistrates, churches, agencies, EMT's, 911 Operators, etc.;
- Girls Groups & Safe Dates Programs in area schools (VRC - certified facilitator agency);
- Women's Empowerment Group;
- Anti-Bullying Program including Active Bystander Program;
- "Financial Freedom" Empowerment Group;
- P.A.C.T. (Parents And Children Together);
- legal referrals for migrant and dairy farmworker victims of domestic and sexual violence in eight counties in Upstate New York;
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency Training for four counties;
- bilingual hotline coverage for four counties for migrant and dairy farmworker victims, Hispanic/Latino victims and their children;
- advocacy and assistance with Family Offense and Custody Petitions;
- Sexual Assault Children's Programming;
- comprehensive prevention education and community outreach program;
- Darkness into Light/Stewards of Children: Facilitating agency for child abuse prevention education;
- "Stand-up Guy" Men's Group - "Are you a member of the Silent Majority?";
- Wayne County Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence; and
- Anti-trafficking program.
The Victim Resource Center of the Finger Lakes, Inc. (VRC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws.
Join us on Facebook at
DONATE THROUGH AMAZON SMILE AT:
The VRC depends on grants, foundations,
the United Way of Wayne County and community donors
to provide vital and life-saving services. Our special thanks to
these donors and organizations for their ongoing support of victim services.